English for hybrid, virtual and face-to-face teaching
This series of English as a medium of Instruction sessions focuses on linguistic and methodological strategies to equip professors with the skills they need to effectively communicate in their teaching context, whether in the physical, hybrid or virtual classroom.
Key areas, such as language for lectures and tutorials, language for assessment and feedback, and how to maximize student participation and engagement in the context of mixed-nationality and multi-level groups are reflected upon and practised in order to ensure the most productive teaching and learning environment at Universidad Loyola.
English for hybrid, virtual and face-to-face teaching - Level 1
- To focus on of language used during lectures.
- To focus on language used when asking and answering questions, clearly, and concisely.
- To learn to listen through the learners.
- To improve use of stress on key words.
English for hybrid, virtual and face-to-face teaching - Level 2
English for hybrid, virtual and face-to-face teaching - Level 3
- To practise language to encourage reflection and goal setting.
- To focus on language used in rubrics.
- To describe and discuss tutor and student roles and responsibilities.
- To explore synchronous and asynchronous tasks.
English for hybrid, virtual and face-to-face teaching - Level 4
- To focus on language used when giving constructive feedback.
- To practice language for giving different types of written feedback on students’ written work.
- To review and extend language for giving concrete suggestions to students to help improve their academic. skills.
- How to deal with gaps in knowledge.